Halloween is right around the corner and things are getting spooky. Well, don’t get spooked by pests and bugs this holiday season. A pest infestation can easily become a problem. Whether indoors or outdoors, you will find these pests crawling all over. Making themselves at home in the yard and sometimes in your home. According to a survey by Census, roughly 14 million households reported the sighting of bugs and or rodents in their homes. So how can you get rid of them? It’s simple, by taking some preventative measures and hiring a pest control service like Any Pest.
Types Of Bugs That Infest Our Home
Here is a simple list of pests that are quite common in homes or businesses:
- Drain Flies
- Moths & more.
Many of these bugs can infest your home and cause a number of health hazards or life-threatening conditions. Getting rid of these types of pests is essential as these can cause you and your family inconvenience.
If any of these pests or rodents infest your home or business, keep in mind that it increases the chances of being a health risk. According to the EPA USA, pests like mosquitoes, ticks, rodents and fleas can cause viruses like Zika, Hantavirus, etc. Below are a few diseases that are caused by pest infestations:
- Respiratory Issues – Such pests like cockroaches are known to cause serious health risks to people as they secrete airborne allergens. They are known to shed skin and often urinate, which can become a serious health risk.
- Viral Infections – Viral infections are commonly related to pests, and various house bugs can have some virus or maybe a carrier. Mosquitoes, ticks, fleas, and even rodents like mice and rats can carry viruses. Mosquitoes are known to carry Zika, West Nile, or even encephalitis and rats are known to carry Hantavirus.
- Psychological Issues – Nobody feels good knowing that their house is infested with pests. It can take a toll on your mental health and well as your physical health. Be sure to take care of the problem immediately by calling Any Pest.
Pest Prevention Tips
- Dispose of Unwanted Clutter – Make sure that unused boxes, paper bags, piles of clutter, old newspapers and magazines are all disposed of.
- Clean Dishes – Do not let dirty dishes sit out.
- Eliminate Water Source – Pests need water just like they need food. Fix any leaky pipes and never leave standing water in your sink or tub.
- Seal Your House – Pests can find their way inside through the smallest of cracks and crevices. Seal any gaps, cracks, and openings around pipes and any other areas of entry.
- Vacuum Regularly – Make sure to vacuum to eliminate potential sources of food.
- Store Pet Food – Pests can feed off open pet food in your garage or on your porch. Be sure everything is sealed after use.
- Clean Around Appliances – Be sure to clean those hard-to-reach areas behind your fridge and stove. Also, consider cleaning the inside of the microwave and toaster ovens as well.
Need Pest Control? Call Us Today!
Getting rid of pests is essential for our mental and physical health, and further prevention of bugs entering our houses is even more critical. Looking for a pest and wildlife removal service in Atlanta, GA? Look no further because Any Pest has your back. A state-certified service, helping at both commercial and residential levels to help you get rid of those pesky little things. Book a free consultation today.