Nothing can be more annoying than dealing with rats or a rodent problem in your commercial business or residential home. According to health reports, roughly twenty percent of the world’s food is eaten or contaminated by rodents yearly. Rodents can quickly cause infestations, making it hard to live in our homes, and the worst part is that getting rid of the rodents is not as easy as we think. You can use some conventional methods, but they do not guarantee the removal of the rats. That’s where Any Pest comes into the picture. Before we discuss pest control services and rodent removal, let’s first discuss how and why rats infest your house or business.
Why Is My Home Or Business Infested with Rats?
There are several possible reasons, but the three most important factors that attract rats are:
- Birth Times
Weather – During the cooler seasons, when outside is getting chilly, rodents prefer to set their nest in warm homes. Due to their small sizes entering through small holes or entry points is not difficult. They mostly nest in places like the garage, attics, or even some secluded corner in your basement.
Food – Rats will nest anywhere they can find food. They will raid your kitchen in the middle of the night to find even the smallest chunk of food to satisfy their appetite.
Birth Time – Lastly, when mice are ready to give birth, they mostly prefer nesting in warm areas like our homes. Rats like soft nesting materials and can easily find them in our homes, so at times like this, our homes are a comfortable nesting spot for mice.
What Are the Health Risks Due to Rats Infestation?
Rodents like rats and mice are known to spread a number of diseases directly or indirectly. This shows us how much of a health hazard rat infestations can be. The most common way humans contract these diseases are:
- Rat feces
- Rat bites
- Rat saliva
Indirect ways of contracting a disease are through the parasites like feces, ticks, and mites. According to CDC, the following are the diseases that can be caused by rats:
- Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis
- Rat Bite Fever
Notable Signs Of Rodent Infestations
If there are rats present in your house, you will find different clues in your home or business. These will be in various forms, and sometimes you will even hear noises, letting you know that they are in your house.
Here are some notable signs that rats infest your house:
- Squeaking or scratching noise during the day or night.
- Chew marks on your furniture, wires, shelves, or anything edible in your kitchen.
- Finding small food chunks every day all over the house. Mice mostly come out at night. If you see crumbs or small pieces of food, rodents may have made their way into your home.
- Lastly, seeing one running to hide.
If this is the case and all these signs are present in your home or business, then you should seek a pest control company like Any Pest.
How Can I Get Rid of Rats Infestation?
There are two ways that you can get rid of rats:
DIY means you can do it yourself by using some natural means or trying to stop from entering the house. The thing with these methods is that you do NOT get rid of the rats completely. They will try to come back if they get a chance and most likely succeed.
- Natural Repellents – One way is to use some natural rodent repellent. You can make these solutions at home. The ingredients to make these solutions are almost always present in every house but again they are temporary.
- Removing Food Sources – By removing all the food sources, you can increase the chances of rats infesting your home or business. Rats always eat in areas where they can get plenty of food. If you store all the food sources in cabinets or sealed areas, rats will be unable to get to them and feed.
- Seal Entry Points – Rats like to nest in houses during the winter season, so if possible, try to seal every hole or entry point. This will minimize every chance of them gaining access to your home or business.
- Traps Or Baiting – This is the old fashion way. You can use any food source and set it on a wooden trap. Some tarps immediately kill the rats or trap the mouse. You choose which type you want to use.
Hire A Professional Rodent Removal Service
If you aren’t able to get rid of rats by using all the essential means, then it is better to get in contact with a reliable and affordable pest control service. Pest controls companies have a team of professionals trained to remove all kinds of pests and rodents from the house. You can start with the initial consultation and let them inspect your home.
After that, they guide you with all the possible rodent removal plans they can use, be natural, humane, or practical methods. After you are done with the plan selection, the pest control companies send some of their well-trained professionals. Call Any Pest today to learn more.
Need Rodent Removal? Call Any Pest Today!
Rodent infestations are a nightmare for every home or business as it causes extreme inconvenience and a potential risk to your health. Getting rid of these rodents is not easy, especially if you don’t know they are there. You can get rid of this nightmare with the correct information and a professional pest control service.
If you are in search of an efficient rodent removal service in Kennesaw, GA, then give Any Pest a call today. Our state-certified services use professional methods to help you get rid of any pests or rodents. Giving you peace of mind. Give us a call today to book your free consultation.
CALL US TODAY! 678-888-0035