Did you know that your landscaping could actually be attracting pests and bugs? One of the most common reasons for pest issues is keeping mulch and wood debris too close to your home. Keeping moisture-rich mulch around your home will attract pests such as termites or carpenter ants. Luckily there are pest control professionals that can help with regular pest control, as well as several things you can add to your landscape management routine to keep the pests away from your home.
Pest Deterrent Tips
Here are a few tips and tricks from the straight pest control specialists at Any Pest, Inc:
- Minimize Mulch: Keep the amount of mulch you lay around your home to a maximum of 2 inches. Not doing so can create a nesting site that will attract ants and termites.
- Maintain your Shrubbery: Shrubbery such as bushes, trees and plants that have been planted too close to your home can create a pest problem. Keep your shrubbery trimmed and far enough away from your home.
- Seal all Openings and Cracks: By keeping cracks sealed, you are cutting off an entry point into your home that pest could possibly use to get in. You also want to make sure that your screens are not torn. Rodents such as mice and pests such as roaches typically enter homes through very small cracks, so it is important to seal cracks as soon as you spot them.
- Don’t over Fertilize: Over-fertilizing creates problems with moss and mold, which attracts mites. Regular pest control can help to ensure your yard doesn’t get infested with pests, such as mites.
- Exterior Lighting: While decorative lighting looks great on a home, it can also attract bugs. Using yellow lights can reduce the amount of bugs that swarm around lights, as are less attractive to insects. It is also smart to install pole lights away from your house. Then the bugs will be further away from your house.
Look To Any Pest for All of Your Pest Control Needs
Any Pest, Inc offers pest control solutions that will help keep the bugs out of your home. Contact us today for a free evaluation.
How To Know If Your Home Is Attracting Pests in Kennesaw, GA and beyond!
Proudly serving Cobb County and the Atlanta Metro Area. Any bug, Any Pest.