Have you ever wondered how rats get into your home or business? As you are reading this, the prospect of rodents roaming the floors of your home or place of business is not very enticing. However, with a bit of time and knowledge, you can prevent this from happening altogether. Here are some common ways rodents find their way into our homes or businesses.
You may have heard it before: “Rats, Mice, and Squirrels are considered a public health hazard.” Risk factors for rodent infestation include but are not limited to garbage, pet food, dirty traps, and lack of sanitary conditions. Rodents seek shelter from the elements, water, and food sources. Rodents are opportunists who will find ways to get inside your home or business if blocked; they look for holes under exterior doors, electrical wiring, and weak points in your home or business foundation.
Rodent control can present many challenges. You can try rodent removal yourself but seek professional help from Any Pest if you aren’t successful quickly.
How Do Rodents Find Their Way In?
Rodents are everywhere but they need a place to live and food to eat. So how do they find their way into your home or business? Often, it’s because of some type of opening in your building. If there is an opening, the rodent will try to get inside. They are not above chewing through wood or plastic to get inside if necessary. Once inside, they will often make nests for themselves in places like attics or basements where they feel safe from predators and other dangers outside.
This happens most often when people leave things like garbage cans out overnight or even during the day when they are away from home for long periods of time. If you see small holes in bags where rodents have chewed through them looking for food, this is evidence that they have been inside and left droppings behind in your home or business!
Common Signs You May Have a Rodent
Rodents are often associated with disease and food contamination. They can also cause structural damage to your home or business. You may have a rodent infestation if you notice any of these signs.
- Scratching Noises – While rodents prefer to stay hidden, they occasionally make noise to defend themselves or find food. If you hear scratching noises coming from behind walls or under floors, then this could be a sign of an infestation.
- Bumping Noises – If you hear bumping noises from within your walls, you may have a rodent problem on your hands. This is another sign that rodents have compromised your property.
- Droppings – A single dropping isn’t necessarily a cause for concern. Still, if you notice multiple droppings throughout your home or business, it’s time to call in a professional exterminator like Any Pest pest control service. Droppings range from very small to as large as 1-inch long, depending on what type of rodent left them behind. They can be found anywhere, including inside cabinets and closets and outside near trash cans.
- Small Chewed Holes In Food Bags or Boxes – If you notice small holes in food bags or boxes, it could indicate that rodents live near your kitchen area. These pests will chew through packaging to get at the food inside.
- Nests – If you notice shredded paper or paper towels in certain areas of your home or office building, it could mean that there are nests nearby. This is another sign that rats or mice are present in your building and need to be removed immediately, so they don’t breed more pests on top of the ones already there!
- Chewing Damage to Your Home or Business – Rodents are habitually chewing on wood, plastic, and paper products. They are also known to gnaw through electrical wires, resulting in fires or electrical malfunctions.
Address the Rodent Problem Immediately
Once you’ve noticed signs of rodent infestation in your home or building! It’s best to call in a professional pest control company such as Any Pest pest control, which specializes in ridding homes and buildings of unwanted pests such as mice, rats, squirrels, and more.
Our pest control technicians use industry-leading equipment to locate possible entry points into your property (including through pipes). Once we’ve identified these locations, our technicians seal them off so no more rodents can get inside.
Preventing Rodents Intrusion
Rodents can spread disease and contaminate food supplies, so you must address their presence as soon as possible. The first step is ensuring that there are no openings around your property through which they can enter. You should also make sure that trash cans are securely closed at all times. The best way to prevent rats from entering your space is to ensure they can’t find any food sources inside. If you see holes in bags of food or boxes, it could mean that rats are already inside. Rodents may have been eating their way through your supplies!
Have Rodents? Call Any Pest Today!
When rodents are present, it’s important to seek help by searching for “pest control near me” as soon as possible. They can be quite dangerous and destructive and spread disease if they remain in your home or business. If you suspect a rodent has invaded your property, keep an eye and ear out for signs of the problem. And remember, hiring Any Pest is always your best bet—they’ll have the tools and expertise to get rid of these pests for good.
Protect Your Health: Keep Rodents Out Of Your Home Or Business in Kennesaw, GA and beyond!
Proudly serving Cobb County and the Atlanta Metro Area. Any bug, Any Pest.