Many people think that raccoons are harmless critters, but you may start to see these animals as pests if they ever get into your garbage or garden. Because Georgia has so many heavily wooded areas, there is a large population of raccoons here and they can easily become a nuisance. Read further to learn more about different wildlife control tips.
- Raccoons are nocturnal animals that prefer to inhabit logs or hollow trees near lakes and streams
- They are known for venturing into populated, urban and suburban areas, causing issues as they forage for food and search for shelter
- They are known to raid garbage cans, dumpsters, and gardens while searching for food
- They can cause structural damage in the attic of your home if they take shelter there
- Raccoons are susceptible to numerous diseases, including:
- Canine distemper
- Raccoon roundworms
Tips on keeping your home raccoon-free:
Although it may not be possible to keep raccoons out of your yard, there are preventative measures to take to deter them. The key to keeping your home raccoon free is to eliminate the things that attract raccoons in the first place. For example:
- Make sure your garbage cans are securely closed with lids that are tightly fitted
- Use trashcans that are made of heavy materials such as metal and hard plastic, which discourages raccoons from getting into your trash
- Do not feed your pets outside
- If you have a pond in your yard, do not keep live fish in it, or if you want to keep your fish then add cinder blocks or heavy-duty steel mesh for the fish to hide in or under
- Remove bird feeders and bird seed from your yard
Raccoon Removal in Metro-Atlanta:
While you could try and catch and release a raccoon yourself, we highly recommend leaving this to a professional wildlife company as raccoons carry rabies and other diseases. Here at Any Pest, Inc we are qualified to capture and relocate raccoons so that you won’t have to. Our wildlife professionals have provided cost efficient, quality wildlife control to our customers for over two decades. When it comes to raccoon control in metro Atlanta, we can take care of your situation in an efficient and timely manner, contact us today for a free quote.
Fall Wildlife Control: Tips and Tricks to Deter Raccoons in Kennesaw, GA and beyond!
Proudly serving Cobb County and the Atlanta Metro Area. Any bug, Any Pest.